A brief introduction to the Australian Secondary School Course Visa :
The Australian Secondary School Visa Visa is an Australian Secondary School Visa, ie a domestic elementary or junior high school graduate, or a junior high school student applying for Australian Secondary School Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12, equivalent to a domestic junior high school course. visa.
Australian Secondary School Course Visa Visa is suitable for the crowd:
Domestic primary or junior high school graduates; or middle and high school students; entering the 9th grade of Australian secondary school, no more than 17 years old, 10th grade, no more than 18 years old, 11th grade, no more than 19 years old, 12th grade, no age More than 20 years old
1. The time for studying in high school in Australia is not less than 16 months, so it is necessary to apply for the third semester of the 11th grade at the latest, but in general, the school does not allow students to enter the 11th grade. Australian high schools are not allowed to skip. For example, when students go to Australia to graduate from junior high school, they can’t read Australia’s 11th grade. Australian high schools are allowed to read backwards. For example, when students go to Australia, they have just finished high school in China. They can go to Australia to re-read high school. However, the time limit for reversing shall not exceed one and a half years (calculated by the time of entry into the main class).
2. English requirements: If the applicant is younger than 16 years old, IELTS is naturally exempt; if the applicant is 16 years old, you can apply for an IELTS exemption. Details of English requirements and exemptions are provided below.
3. Guardian Arrangement: Applicants under the age of 18 need to arrange a guardian in Australia. Generally, when you apply for a school, you need to decide who will be the guardian. Parents can choose to have a school or education bureau arrange a guardian. If a parent has a designated guardian in Australia, they must apply in advance and be reviewed. A qualified guardian must be at least 21 years of age, and may be a brother or sister of a student who has permanent residency in the locality and has no criminal proof, grandparents, uncles, aunts, or stepfathers.
4. Visa Length: The general high school course ends in December, and the visa is valid until March 15 of the following year.
5. Work Permissions: Students who are 18 years of age or older are allowed to work after the start of the formal course and are allowed to work up to 40 hours every two weeks during class. If you are under the age of 18 when you first obtain a student visa, you will need to apply for a work permit after you are 18 years old to work.
Australian secondary school course visa visa for students’ IELTS requirements
Secondary school IELTS requirements
In general, the average IELTS requirement for students who are enrolled in high school majors is 5 to 5.5. Domestic junior high school or high school students are already very busy in their studies, and it is difficult to take time to deal with the IELTS test. As a result, most high schools in Australia accept students who have transferred to the main course from the High School Preparation Program (HSP). For students who do not provide IELTS or other English test scores, the previous high school preparatory course will default to 20 weeks. After entering, the number of weeks will be reduced or increased according to the individual’s English proficiency.
Visa IELTS requirements
Students are required to provide IELTS scores or attend language courses as required by the school.
Other language exam requirements
More and more private schools include the AEAS scores in their entry requirements. In addition, some schools do not require students to take any English exams and arrange language courses directly for students. However, students still need to provide more than 75% of junior high school English and proof of admission or reading in high school.