General Skilled Migration

Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189)

The Skilled Independent (189) visa is a points-based application. You must be working in a job on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and then meet requirements around your age, English competence, training and work experience. The Skilled Independent (189) visa does not require sponsorship by a relative or state and you can live and work in any part of Australia.

If you want to migrate to Australia as a skilled migrant and you need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect.

An EOI is not a visa application, it is an indication that you would like to be considered for a skilled visa. You will be asked to provide a range of information in your EOI depending on the visa(s) you want to be considered for, such as:basic personal informationnominated occupationwork experiencestudy and educationlevel of English skillsdetails of a Skills Assessment, related to your nominated occupationbusiness and investment experience.

If you are invited to apply for a visa, you will receive an invitation from SkillSelect. You will then have 60 days to make a valid visa application online, before the invitation expires. Applications received outside this timeframe will be invalid.The invitation will contain instructions on how you can lodge your visa application.

We can help you with the EOI and skill assessment.

Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.

The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residence visa for points-test skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia after being nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.

To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply.

This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa:

  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
  • sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).


Some of the requirements may change every financial year, please contact us for the latest migration policies and requirements updates.

Contact Us

Office Hours : Mon – Fri 9:30am – 5:30pm

Address : Level 23, 52 Martin Place, Sydney 2000

Contact Number : 02 9220 5104 (English) | 02 9220 5105 (Chinese)

Email :

zh_CNChinese en_AUEnglish